*** ~ ***
We're heading into week 3 of the NFL season and things are starting to get interesting. Starting players are questionable or out and new stars are on the rise. If you want to keep your fantasy team at the forefront then you should be paying close attention to who you can pick up each week. Here are five players to watch for going into week 3.
- Dennis Pitta - The tight end on the Baltimore Ravens has emerged at Joe Flacco's main target. When he gets in trouble he dumps the ball off to him all the time. He had 8 receptions for 65 yards against the Eagles on Sunday but look for those numbers to keep going up.
- Brandon Lafell - The 2nd wide receiver for the Panthers is emerging as a nice WR 3 in 12 team leagues and getting serious looks from Cam Newton.
- Jaquizz Rodgers - With Michael Turner getting a DUI after Monday night's game (full story here) rookie Jaquizz Rodgers may be getting a lot more touches.
- Martellus Bennett - The Giants tight end is looking sharp. With 10 targets last week, a touchdown and a second end zone target that should of yielded him a second TD Martellus had a great game. If Eli continues to look for him in red zone situations than he's worth making a play for.
- Mikel Leshoure - Coming off a two game suspension, Lions running back Mikel Leshoure looks to be in the mix for the starting position. Now could be a great time to come in and scoop him up for cheap.
- Chad Michaels is ecstatic that football season has returned. When he's not glued to fantasy updates you can find him writing at his NFL Lines site.